Monday, July 14, 2014

Resurrected

I have been away.
I have been living life.
Some good. Some bad.
It's time to start writing again.

I'll start with by describing America. The America my son, Connor, and I discover on our journey that begins this Friday. We'll be driving across the country and back. We'll taking US Route 50 west from Northern Virginia all the way to Sacramento, California. We'll head south, hopefully to catch ComicCon in San Diego...or not. And we'll head back east across the southernmost states starting, hopefully, with a hike into and out of the Grand Canyon. Along the way, we'll tell you what we see, who we meet, what we eat. You'll learn about the America we see as we travel purposefully off the interstates.  I hope you enjoy the trip as much as we will.

Come along...

m

2 comments:

Bruce Boeke said...

Hi Michael: if you're going to be in Colorado- let me know. You guys could spend the night at our house. -Bruce

Michael G. Clendenin said...

Hi Bruce! Great to hear from you. I tried to respond on here previously, but it looks like it didn't take. Anyway, where in CO do you live? We're in St. Louis right now. We're taking US Route 50 all the way across the country, well south of Denver. We cross into Colorado and head through Pueblo, Canon City, by Black Canyon of the Gunnison and up through Grand Junction as we enter Utah. Where do you live? Our plan is to spend tonight (7/21) near Dodge City, KS, and then try to make Grand Junction the next night. We have a reservation at the KOA campground there (we're towing a pop-up camper). Thanks for the invite! I hope to hear from you! You can message me on FB to trade phone numbers. - Michael